Dr. J.D. Walters made history by becoming the first Professor of Architecture at Kansas State Univeristy. His son honored his legacy by founding Walters Sand Company in 1925
In 1938, Walters Construction Company, Inc was launched and combined with Walters Sand Company to serve as a material supplier and builder until 1947, when Walters-Morgan Construction, Inc. began specializing exclusively in construction services.
WMCI is still a locally-owned general contractor specializing in the construction of water and wastewater treatment plants along with other municipal utilities. The owners and Executive Team of WMCI are highly-decorated and experienced civil construction professionals that are dedicated to continuing the founding WMCI principle of innovative excellence.